Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives, families and futures. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, Genworth has approximately 6,400 employees operating through three divisions around the world. For more information on employment opportunities, please visit genworth.com/employment.
We are a global financial institution seeking an experienced tax professional to assume senior tax responsibilities including activities relating to accounting for income taxes and federal income tax compliance. The successful candidate will join a team of tax professionals who are responsible for all tax accounting and tax compliance for the Company including controllership.
Basic or Essential Qualifications:
- Be responsible for tax compliance and tax accounting issues for selected legal entities in the global Genworth enterprise
- Manage a Subject Matter Area in the context of both tax compliance and external tax reporting
- Work with a team of Genpact associates in carrying out tax procedures and developing increased efficiencies
- Research and document tax and tax accounting issues
- Understand and work with complex financial transactions and report the impacts of such transactions for GAAP, Statutory and Tax accounting purpose
- Develop expertise and participate in cross training of other members of the Tax Department
- Ad hoc assignments
Preferred or Desired Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Solid understanding of U.S. taxation
- 3-10 years experience with an accounting firm, or a large corporate internal tax function
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret and summarize technical standards, tax and legal documents
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical tax or accounting issues in a fast-paced environment and to communicate tax or accounting requirements effectively to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Tax, GAAP and STAT accounting principles
- Expertise with Excel, Word and PowerPoint software
- Ability to perform with energy and enthusiasm
- 2-4 years tax experience for a U.S. insurer
- Experience with OneSource tax provision software
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 20 months ago
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....