The Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy at Salve Regina University is a multidisciplinary research center examining issues at the intersection of politics, policies, and ideas. Dedicated to honoring the legacy of former Senator Claiborne Pell, the center promotes internationalism abroad, effective government at home, and civic engagement across the country.
Key to the center’s mission is Senator Pell’s credo of translating ideas into action to help people.
The Pell Center pursues this mission with three inter-connected efforts: research, events, and community engagement.
Pell Center Fellows are the principal source of intellectual horse-power for the center. Their primary purposes is to research and to write; to publicly discuss their research; to inspire, shape, and contribute to public debates; to work for positive social change; and to contribute to the intellectual development of the campus and the broader community in Rhode Island and beyond.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Fellow will:
• Serve as the principal author of Pell Center studies on public policy issues;
• Work with other staff, members of the advisory board and university community, and outside experts to develop reports, commentary, and studies that are designed for wide audiences and maximum policy impact;
• Coordinate events associated with this initiative;
• Speak at public forums and develop a public profile on the issues in your portfolio;
• Provide comment and advice to members of the press and general public on issues they cover; and
• Contribute to the financial and intellectual development of the center.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Pell Center is a team-oriented organization, and the Senior Fellow will be expected to contribute to every aspect of its work, including events, planning, community engagement, and fundraising.
Candidates should possess:
• A graduate degree in a relevant field (Ph.D. preferred but not required); or possess 10 years of relevant professional experience;
• A demonstrated interest in and familiarity with public policy issues;
• A strong record of publication.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to manage junior policy analysts.
• Knowledge of MS Office software required
• A desire to be part of a dynamic, high-energy initiative that will blend cutting edge-communications techniques with a substantive approach to policy issues.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including: health and dental coverage, life insurance, long-term disability, 403B plan, tuition benefits and more.
Salve Regina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The University actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Along with your online application, please upload your resume, cover letter and a writing sample.