Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has
grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the
world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
providers that offers complete design, engineering, and
manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive,
computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure,
medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of
facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over
a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design,
build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
With its advanced global technology, Multek is proudly
ranked as one of the world’s top ten PCB (printed
circuit board) suppliers. The strategic location of our
plants, with 9 production sites located on four
continents, enables Multek to be the finest and most
comprehensive PCB and display manufacturing solution
provider to customers in every corner of the world.
Apart from providing solutions for rigid circuits for a
diversified range of products, Multek invests in the
development of flexible circuits and rigid-flex to meet
the increasing needs in the industry. With Multek
Flexible Circuits in the U.S. and China, we are able to
experience a tremendous breakthrough in the
manufacturing capabilities and technology for flexible
Facing fast changing electronics market with production
and technology migration, Multek keeps exploring every
opportunity in new product segment. Our new company
slogan “Endless Innovation Creates Changes for Tomorrow”
truly exemplifies our dedication to think out of the box
in broadening our offerings. Multek provides
comprehensive product variety to fit customers’ needs.
With our mission to be the best One-Stop interconnect
solutions provider, we expand our business to cover
Rigid PCB, FPC, Rigid-Flex, Flexible Circuit Assembly
and Printed Electronics.
The Sr. Field Applications Engineer will be responsible
for providing technical support and information to key
Multek Flexible(FPC) and Rigid-flex PCB accounts, as
well as penetrating and developing new customer markets
in order to support the FPC design, fabrication and FPCA
assembly as per customers’ expectations.
processing solutions to advanced PCB requirements of
- Support GAM and develop design, stackup, and
key customers and segments, including VI strategies
within Flextronics. Give customer presentations and
training sessions when required. Team with
Operations to conduct NPI, QTA, and various product
stage-gate design-build cycles on schedule.
engineering and product design organizations and the
- Must develop key relationships with customer
Multek executive team. Use technical knowledge of
products and associated development tools to assist
customers on complex issues.
roadmaps and provide feedback on the industry,
- Contribute to development of complex product
competition, and market conditions.
product and business development teams.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with
development by determining customer product needs
- Provide technical expertise during product
and translating these needs into new product
recommendations and specifications.
communicate potential issues and provide
- Review customer requirements, identify and
recommendations that will meet both Flextronics
capability and customers’ specifications.
design issues both internally and externally.
- Identify and communicate existing and potential
and sales personnel to promote employer's
- Develop and present technical seminars for customers
manufacturing capabilities, services, available
technologies, manufacturing process and quality.
vendor qualification surveys.
- Work with customer representatives to coordinate
answering and closing all customer and program
- Provide best in class complex technical support by
management technical support questions related to
manufacturing capabilities including: design,
fabrication and, when appropriate, assembly
project plans to meet customers' expectations.
- Define initial project/product scope and prepare
customer’s requirements and incorporating design and
- Prepare detailed project plans by documenting
manufacturing capabilities in order to meet
REQUIRED (MUST-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prepare and maintain required documentation.
Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum B.Eng. in Electrical, Chemical, or
designer for FPC and HDI products and applications,
- 6+ years as field application engineer, or PCB
especially in smartphone or consumer electronics
backend assembly related design optimization.
- Experience in tooling and DFM, especially for
impedance modeling software.
- Experience in application of stack-up analysis and
and preparations of TQs on a short cycle time ARO.
- Familiarity with structured DFM of customer designs,
Project, and PowerPoint. This position requires
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, Microsoft
domestic and international travel which may be up to
40% during specific project stages time.
proficiency in Chinese languages of Mandarin or
- Must be able to speak / write English well, and some
Cantonese is a plus.
must develop customer technology roadmap
- Must be responsible and self motivated individual;
requirements and seek out new adjacent
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
electrical test, including high precision impedance
- Experience in complex FPC PCB design, build and
applications, a definite plus.
- Experience in portable computing and smartphone
performance PCB solutions for known product
- Significant experience in developing the high
developments with commercial success a strong plus.
Multek is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action
Flextronics - 20 months ago
Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider...