Senior Field Application Specialist (Canada)
Flexco is a world leader in conveyor belt maintenance technology. For over 100 years, we've been manufacturing belt conveyor products for a wide variety of industries. We have consistently been named as one of Chicago's "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" by the National Association of Business Resources. We offer a culture that is focused on great people, customer commitment, integrity, innovation, collaboration, and achievement. Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Field Application Specialist for the Canadian Region .
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Broad knowledge of materials engineering or a related engineering field.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience in bulk material handling capital equipment industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with 3-D CAD systems is a plus.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning capabilities.
- Broad conceptual judgment to modify, and develop product solutions.
- Ability to function in a self-directed environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
- Work involves considerable accuracy and responsibility. Experience working across the Canadian region with a diversified customer base.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
- Work with Sales and Engineering to identify opportunities and develop solutions to meet end user conveyor transfer system needs.
- Create quotation documents and proposal information for customer specific solutions.
- Travel with sales team and/or independently to serve as technical sales support for the purpose of identifying opportunities and presenting solutions at customer sites. Travel to and visit customer sites to develop applications and resolve problems.
- Work with Engineering Managers to develop costing models and improve quoting and presentation processes.
- Train Sales team in the aspects of technical presentations of our product and services.
- Develop a basic understanding of Flexco Proprietary Flow Path Solution Software and demonstrate competency for the purpose of communicating and presenting solutions to our customers.
- Design, modify, and develop products and product solutions. Direct other resources such as Design Engineers to achieve desired results.
- Develop and maintain basic CAD skills to assist in working with Engineering.
- Maintain contacts and good working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Travel to and visit customer sites to develop applications and to resolve problems.
Flexco - 2 years ago