Auto req ID: |
Senior Marketing Manager - Field
Area of Interest:
90140 Corporate Advertising - Alloc
12647 Alcosta Blvd
GENERAL SUMMARY : Responsible for all aspects of Field Marketing for a specific market including its multiple regions and districts. Leads the relationship with field sales partners to mine DMA insights and drive the business through acquisition marketing programs and retention efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for ongoing division marketing support: Leads strategic planning, allocates budget, develops marketing strategy and executes tactics.
· Develops ongoing marketing programs to drive traffic and membership sales at existing clubs. Collaborates with field teams to ensure accurate, on-time, implementation and communication of marketing programs.
Analyzes field performance and makes recommendations to address underperforming markets, clubs and competitive situations.Owns competitive intelligence for the market – information from outside sources and “on the ground” shops. Leverages that and knowledge of markets to make fact-based decisions, support and educate DMA teams.· Analyzes results of Marketing programs and provides additional insights.
· Responsible for ongoing communication with Field partners. Provides the “Voice of Marketing” to Field leadership.
· Frequently visits and interacts with Club and Corporate executives and works with Club Managers and team members.
· Partners with VP of Community to evaluate regional and local community opportunities such as event sponsorships and donations.
· Responsible for market budget management.
Proactively forges relationships with all members of the club and corporate teams. Must be able to communicate with both team members in the field and the corporate offices at a wide variety of levels.
The person in this position should be able to take in and relay information in a quick and efficient manner, and must have excellent follow up skills. They will need to be a clear and effective communicator with company executives, management and club employees, as well as a strong leader with outside companies and agencies.
1) Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Solid marketing and brand management fundamentals including marketing programming, advertising, direct marketing, media and web experience
· Ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include field partners, ad agencies, local marketing vendors and corporate marketing team
Experience partnering with and directing advertising and public relations agenciesExperience with media planning and buying, direct marketing (email and direct mail), online marketing, marketing promotions· Strong cross functional partnering experience
· Proven creativity in developing new marketing ideas and initiatives
· Ability to manage business analysis and budgets
· Strong collaborative skills
· Strategic insight and business acumen
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to influence in a matrix business environment
· Consumer focused / customer service skills
· Excellent oral and written skills to include ability to prepare and present marketing presentations
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Power Point)
· Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
· Ability to adjust to and manage continuous change
2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
· MBA preferred
3) Minimum experience:
Minimum 5-7 years marketing experience building growth oriented consumer brands in a fast-paced retail environment· Retail, operations and/or merchandising experience
· Experience with retail and/or store operations
History of increasing responsibility, developing a broad base of business skills
4) Physical Requirements:
25% travel minimum, which would include overnights, locally and regionallyDriving (up to several hours per leg) and / or flying between regional DMAsOccasional lifting, set up & take-down for outside events.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....