Stronger Connections. New Possibilities.
A career with Level 3 is more than just a job, it's an opportunity to join a company that delivers a comprehensive portfolio of converged voice, video, data and managed services to enterprise, content, wholesale and government customers. Business applications require more bandwidth, and we aim to deliver exceptional value to support efficiency and growth. Our customers partner with our team of over 10,000 dedicated people in more than 45 countries who focus on understanding business challenges, responding with a relevant solution and delivering a consistent, industry-leading customer experience. Whether you are an experienced professional, or just embarking on your career, Level 3 provides a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment in which to grow.
Why Join Level 3 Communications?
We are trusted, reliable and responsive in meeting the needs of our customers. Level 3 is experiencing tremendous growth and raising the bar in the telecommunications industry. To support our continued success, we are looking for the best in the industry to join our team.
Apply today and become an integral part of the team that is raising the bar in the telecommunications industry.
The Senior Manager Field Marketing orchestrate all marketing and business development activities in the Bay Area and is responsible for analyzing commercial customer demand on a geographic or market-centric basis, establishing customer targeting guidelines, developing and prioritizing market-growth initiatives and working closely with network engineering, segment strategy, business planning and sales to ensure that market plan goals are met within predetermined time frames and budget parameters. Day-to-day responsibility to monitor and assist all major market-level plan tasks, projects and related activities, problem solve with other departments (i.e. network, construction, marketing, corporate real estate, sales, contractors) and assist management to resolve complex problems, identify bottlenecks and roadblocks and initiate corrective action.
Manage Marketing and Real Estate Business Development resources that are responsible for generating detailed business performance reports on relevant marketing and business development programs. Ensure that a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved by coordinating all marketing and promotion programs, including tactical conceptualization, execution and reporting.
Senior Manager of Field Marketing demonstrate ongoing ability to create cohesive and actionable market plans and to course-correct as-needed by analyzing and reacting to market trends and marketplace variables. Oversee vendor relationships and data flow for 3rd party marketing and business intelligence functions. Perform audit, cleansing and synchronization exercises for customer targeting data. Senior Manager of Field Marketing demonstrates ongoing ability to create cohesive and actionable data management plans and to course-correct as-needed by analyzing and reacting to market trends, system changes and marketplace variables.
Education and Experience
- Design and execute marketing communication plans consisting of Awareness, Demand Generation and Sales Tools for most significant and critical product areas. Design customer facing collateral including customer presentations, interactive tools and brochures.
- Conduct competitive and market research, compile findings, and communicate in concise, clear manner to senior leaders. Deliver marketing tactic recommendations based on findings.
- Manage and track multiple complex projects, keeping them on schedule, budget, and ensuring achievement of goals.
- Plan, design, and execute most visible and critical external events and tradeshows to generate awareness and engagement amongst customers and prospects.
- Provide vision for various field marketing components of Level3.com.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 7+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Marketing
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Broad marketing background required including experience developing and executing marketing communication plans for verticals. Event experience and logistical planning. Creating and executing on lead gen and demand generation programs. Must be skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Program management experience and strong project management skills. Telecommunications experience required.
Level 3 Communications, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Go-to-market strategy, competitive analysis, building high-performance teams, cross-functional team leadership, technical feasibility assessment, product lifecycle management, Agile Scrum development
- Ability to understand big picture concepts and dive into the detail needed to implement them.
- Ability to lead large, complex cross-functional initiatives.
- Ability to think strategically & execute methodically.
- Skilled at managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Financial aptitude
- People-leader experience in either matrix-based or functionally-aligned organizations
- Marketing experience
- Experience with product implementation
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Experience handling complex customer projects
- Experience working with all levels of management, suppliers, and customers.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to identify critical path jeopardy issues and uses creative problem solving techniques to resolve the jeopardy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, applying one’s own techniques and initiative to develop or enhance processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – are imperative.
- Ability to assume responsibility for project assignments and position recurring workload. Must be able to maintain a productive and proactive work style.
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications - 18 months ago
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3) is engaged in the communications business. The Company is a facilities based provider of a range of...