Sr. Financial Accountant
Location: Bedford, New Hampshire
Vectronix Inc is a provider of electro-optical and geo-positioning systems, specializing in hand-held and vehicle mounted systems. Vectronix Inc has a world-class line of products with an expanding research, development, manufacturing and service capabilities in the United States.
The Vectronix Senior Accountant will be responsible for general ledger accounting, labor distribution cost accounting, tax reporting and direct support of the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and documenting business transactions.
- Administers company’s timekeeping system for DCAA compliance, reviews weekly or bi-weekly payroll proposals, and prepares journal entries and labor distribution.
- Assists with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Researches and troubleshoots issues; contacts appropriate personnel for assistance in solving issues together.
- Prepares and secures all tax information gathering and reporting processes.
- Prepares and secures reporting based on Department of Defense (DOD) / DCAA policies.
- Prepares various internal and external financial, operational and statistical reports. These include monthly account reconciliations, balance sheets, statements of net assets, other financial statements and ad hoc requests from management and business partners.
- Assists in budget and forecast process.
- Works in an ITAR compliant environment.
- Strong accounting background in a mid-sized corporation.
- Requisite knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- SAP experience using Finance and controlling modules.
- Experience working for a DoD federal contractor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, oral and written skills.
- Able to work lawfully in the USA.
- Advanced knowledge in DCAA cost accounting.
- Worked for a company reporting under IAS/IFRS.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in finance or related field.
- CPA desired
- Minimum 10 years experience in a similar field
- English Language fluency required. Familiarity with German or French a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Software, with advanced experience using Excel.
Vectronix Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vectronix - 9 months ago