There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Bridgepoint Education, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Bridgepoint Education’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Bridgepoint Education was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Bridgepoint Education employees witness such change every day. Bridgepoint Education is doing well by doing well, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
The Senior Financial Aid Auditor position is a full-time employment opportunity. Reporting to the Associate Director, Internal Audit, the Senior Financial Aid Auditor will primarily conduct compliance and operational reviews regarding Ashford University and University of the Rockies’ financial aid processes.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Assist the Associate Director, Internal Audit in executing continuous auditing of financial aid processes
- Prepare work papers to support results
- Assist the Associate Director, Internal Audit and Vice President, Internal Audit in preparing formally written audit reports
- Participate in special assignments as assigned by the Associate Director, Internal Audit or the Vice President, Internal Audit
- Maintain knowledge of current laws and regulations related to financial aid (Title IV) as well as University policy and procedures
- Evaluate processes and controls and provide value-added recommendations to Management
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Vice President, Internal Audit or the Associate Director, Internal Audit
- Assist in process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate and coordinate with external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed
- Assist in company-wide compliance training
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bpiedu.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- 3-5 years of financial aid audit experience required
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment; self-directed and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- CPA or CIA certification preferred
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in.
Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties must apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Wait, there’s more… For more cool up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers and @AshfordUCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 16 months ago
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...