Posting Title |
Senior Financial Analyst, Supply Chain
Taco Bell Headquarters, Irvine, CA
Taco Bell, a part of Yum! Brands, has been repeatedly named as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County. We have high standards for ourselves; Yum commits to consistently deliver 10% EPS growth each year. Our success comes from the belief that our people's capabilities are our greatest asset, and investing in you is our top priority.
Yum! Brands, Inc. is the world's largest restaurant company with more than 38,000 restaurants in over 100 countries and territories and more than 850,000 employees worldwide. We are the leading restaurant retailer in many emerging markets. Our restaurant brands -- KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories respectively.
Taco Bell is looking for a highly motivated individual with demonstrated strength in analytics, relationship management, and supply chain to join as an Associate Manager on the Strategic Planning team, which reports to the CFO. The Associate Manager will be accountable for ongoing margin management projects and will support all category margin teams. The person will support the category margin management process, be responsible for category management strategies and category metrics. This person will sustain a bias for total cost in use and action across the Taco Bell System. As such it requires an individual possessing both a broad business perspective and the capability to successfully organize and work with cross-functional teams. Candidates will be capable of managing activities of significant complexity and risk, large numbers of resources across the enterprise, and complex organizational change issues. This role would work closely with UFPC (Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-Op), Brand Marketing, Food Innovation , Operations and Franchise Partners.
This role is a dynamic point of entry into the Taco Bell organization, often serving as a launching point for various parts of the Taco Bell and Yum businesses. The Business and Strategic Planning team has a mix of former consultants, recent MBA hires, and finance experts. This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong analytical skills, great communication style, a partnership mentality, and comfort turning facts into recommendations. Prior Supply Chain experience is highly desired.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support execution of margin improvement initiatives while supporting Taco Bell’s brand positioning
- Conduct total cost in use analysis for margin improvement and competitive sourcing opportunities
- Engage senior business sponsors on a regular basis and report on category metric scorecards
- Prepare presentations for Taco Bell Executive Teams
- Set priorities with senior leadership for margin management initiatives
- Understand and incorporate customer impacts and risks into decision making
- Lead Cross-Functional Teams to integrate goals and strategies to achieve long-term impact
- Support category margin teams and provide leadership with a specific focus on end-to-end total cost in use
- Engage with category margin teams in developing strategies, analyzing risk, developing business case, exploring alternative suppliers and optimizing processes
- Work collaboratively with departments responsible for on-time and on-budget delivery of cross functional projects, accurately identifying and articulating the tasks required in the form of project plans
- Ensure teams develop effective communication and change management action plans
- Create fact-based environment to manage cross-project priorities, dependencies, and ensure conflicts are resolved to drive optimal system results
- Make appropriate, realistic and timely decisions based on consideration of the facts and alternatives
- Proactively identify and adapt to changes to meet organizational requirements
- Utilize financial modeling to determine performance guidance, goals and alternate scenarios
- BA required (Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance, Operations or related field)
- MBA preferred
- Supply Chain Experience strongly preferred
- 2-3 years relevant work experience (e.g., Supply Chain, Business Operations, Corporate Finance, Consulting)
- Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and desire to have a large impact on our organization
- Superb interpersonal and communication/presentation skills, with ability to partner well with other team members and interface effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated success influencing diverse customers or stakeholders and leading teams that include non-direct reports in cross-functional settings
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data for executives and frame business issues in a straightforward manner
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Functional expertise and a proven track record for providing Program Management, Business Strategy, and/or Business Development services
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant. Taco...