Senior Financial Analyst (Finance)
This position provides analytical, forecasting, reporting and project support to the Financial Planning department in a variety of financial areas, including maintaining and updating Hyperion Planning system and department expenses including payroll and related reporting. Works with detailed and complex data and financial modeling processes. Also a key player in design and implementation of on-going process improvements of reporting / forecasting tools used within the department.
Essential Job Functions/Accountabilities:
Supports the annual operating plan and periodic forecast process through:
• Updating existing forecasting and reporting financial models to ensure accurate, relevant and timely budgeting and forecasting throughout the year.
• Preparation, analysis and review of various operating/departmental expenses and other income, including home office payroll budgets and column B reporting.
• Critical detail review and analysis of department budget/forecast submissions, including creating additional reporting and analysis to support this process.
• Assisting in budget/forecast work plan, consolidation and financial statement preparation and related presentations and analysis.
• Assisting in maintenance, design and implementation of process improvements of reporting and forecasting tools including Hyperion Planning system.
Additional key responsibilities during the monthly reporting cycles include:
•Assisting in preparation and analysis of monthly department expense performance reports, conducting periodic spending review meetings with departments and performing related analysis/research.
•Providing monthly operating expense and other income performance analysis.
•Providing financial data and analyses to assist department heads with ongoing programs, new projects, etc. to ensure that they are in accordance with budget guidelines.
•Providing ad-hoc analysis with conclusions and recommendations as requested by management.
•Providing project support and analysis to the Vice President/Director/Manager of Financial Planning to facilitate the decision making process on business related issues.
•Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
•5+ years experience required, preferably in both accounting and analyst roles
•CPA a plus
•Demonstrated analytical curiosity and initiative, strong problem solving skills and ability to drive issues to resolution
•Must also have a detail orientation, focus on accuracy and ability to work with complex processes and financial models
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
•Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
•Expert in Microsoft Excel, proficient in Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint and Word
•Hyperion experience a plus