State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: 4076
Role purpose :
The primary purpose of this role is as a business partner within the North American Production & Supply (P&S) organization. Also, to support analysis including strategic planning/budgeting/forecasting, monthly ad hoc financial analysis and other finance activities. The Senior Financial Analyst will:
- Support measurements, financial validation and monitoring of NA P&S cost savings and transformation programs.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual financial analysis and reports
- Investigate variances to expectations.
- Develop a value based management framework and promote value creation.
- Proactively provide financial analysis and decision support on business cases, cost & capital decisions to add business value.
- Support and assist improvement projects.
- Coordinate monthly P&S financial reporting and analysis for Seeds and CP. Develop and improve reporting to ensure that the key business drivers are tracked, reported and analyzed to help drive business performance to meet budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze and bridge annual P&S budget numbers and forecasts.
- Lead and/or assist with analysis and tracking of cost savings projects.
- Set direction on P&S financial reportinh & forecast processes
- Prepare and provide analysis for monthly P&S financial forecasts (LO’s and LE’s)
- Prepare and analyze the monthly standard COGS report. Identify/track/report on key value drivers.
- Prepare monthly functional expense and related analysis.
- Complete ad hoc financial reports and analysis as assigned.
- Support SAP Foundation business transformation intitiatives, as needed.
- Provide interim and year end SOX and Financial (internal and external) audit support, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
Critical knowledge: :
- Solid knowledge of accounting policies and financial principles
- Understanding of financial analysis, benchmarking, variance analysis in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Knowledge of Syngenta structure, critical interfaces and sysstems relevant for finance and accounting.
- Exceptional analytical and financial skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong change management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills, particularly in Excel financial modeling and PowerPoint presentations.
- Proficient in SAP (or other ERP systems), data warehouse, Microsoft Office Suite environments.
- Adaptable to changing situations with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field (CPA, MBA or MS preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Results Oriented
- Customer Focused
- Organization Effectiveness – Develops networks across the organization
- Performance Orientation – Understanding of key performance drivers
- Leadership – High integrity, openness and transparency. Checks progress and resolves conflicts directly.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Expert Excel/Data Warehouse and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to grasp complex system infrastructures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to drive improvement and efficiency intiatives
- Proactively providing insightful and challenging analysis to add value
- Ability to identify key business drivers through detailed analysis
- Lean Six Sigma experience is preferred
- SAP, or other ERP system experience
- Hyperion experience
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Travel = 5-10%
Syngenta - 10 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...