Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4.4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goal- We make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best! At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst of Marketing Effectiveness , who will analyze dressbarn's marketing and promotional initiatives. In this role, you will create insightful analysis and disseminate through out the organization, working with business partners and constantly improving our marketing efforts.
- Understand and communicate the health of brand strategies through the analysis of comp component metrics (sales, traffic, conversion, UPTs and AURs) and margin metrics (regular/promotional/markdown margin, % Cost Sales at regular/promotional/markdown).
- Analyze the impact of marketing events and offers through trend/impact analyses that calculate the incremental effect of these events on sales, comp components and margin levers.
- Compare performance of marketing events over time to synthesize themes and best practices to inform the Leadership Team, Marketing and Merchandising team in future action planning.
- Coordinate with Marketing and other business partners to ensure sales and margin forecast reflects the estimated impact of all planned marketing events/activities.
- Share insights with relevant business partners throughout the organization (Marketing, Store Ops, Finance, Merchandising, Inventory Management) to help inform business analysis, forecasts and investment decisions.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of demonstrated business contribution through analysis of data
- Strong ability to interact and negotiate with all levels of management.
- Strong written, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, forecasting and technical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to drive results, to formulate business strategy and to influence others across the organization.
- Open to new approaches to business and supports out of the box thinking.
- Quick to embrace new ideas and takes calculated risks
Dressbarn, Inc. - 17 months ago