Ally Overview |
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry. Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank , the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Global Function Description
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
This position is responsible for conducting core financial, accounting and analytical duties for the IT Finance team supporting Ally Bank.
· Participate in and provide overall support for the financial planning and forecasting processes
o Work with the IT Project Managers and/or Budget Owners to develop and review monthly forecasts
o Prepare monthly detailed project/operations expense forecasts
o Analyze monthly operating results and monthly variances; identify problems and research potential recommendations for corrective actions
o Review/approve IT purchase order and RA requests
· Participate in and provide overall support for monthly accounting Close process
o Generate and Park all needed month-end Journal Entries, recording required monthly operational and/or project related accruals
o Identify and process monthly cross-charges to other Business Units
· Review operating results and forecasts with IT management to provide them with a clear understanding of the groups financial progress versus operating plan and FY forecasts
· Support the IT project governance tollgate process
· Participate in and provide overall support for the creation of the annual operating plan
o Work with the Business Unit Project Managers and/or Budget Owners to develop annual plan
o Identify all costs savings efforts and track monthly performance
o Analyze annual operating plan in relation to prior year results, summarize and understand variances
· Performs non-routine analysis and prepare ad-hoc financial reports for senior management
· Drive process improvements within the department
· Special analytical projects as assigned
Job Requirements: Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience of progressive financial responsibilities.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with SAP, SAP Spend Management (Project Systems)
- Proven analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principals
- Self-motivated and able to work with low to moderate direction in a dynamic fast paced organization
- Business partnering skills, including good interpersonal skills with ability to work well horizontally and vertically within organization, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting
Total Rewards Information
Working at Ally is Rewarding!
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance. Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work/life needs including:
· Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
· Comprehensive wellness program and wellness rewards to help you reach your personal health goals
· Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
· Pre-tax health savings, dependent care and commuter transit accounts
· Life and disability benefits
· Other work/life benefits including tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, weight watchers and employee discount programs.
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally Financial - 4 months ago
“Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive...