This position is responsible for conducting core financial, accounting and analytical duties for the IT Finance team supporting Corporate Technology
Participate in and provide overall support for the financial planning and forecasting processes
Work with the IT Project Managers and/or Budget Owners to develop
and review monthly forecasts
Prepare monthly detailed project/operations expense forecasts
Analyze monthly operating results and monthly variances; identify problems and research potential recommendations for corrective actions
Review/approve IT purchase order and RA requests
Participate in and provide overall support for monthly accounting Close process
Generate and Park all needed month-end Journal Entries, recording required monthly operational and/or project related accruals
Identify and process monthly cross-charges to other Business Units
Review operating results and forecasts
with IT management to provide them with a clear understanding of the groups financial progress versus operating plan and FY forecasts
Support the IT project governance tollgate process
Participate in and provide overall support for the creation of the annual operating plan
Work with the Business Unit Project Managers and/or Budget Owners to develop annual plan
Identify all costs savings efforts and track monthly performance
Analyze annual operating plan in relation to prior year results, summarize and understand
Performs non-routine analysis and prepare ad-hoc financial reports for senior management
Drive process improvements within the department
Special analytical projects as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience of progressive financial responsibilities.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Familiarity with SAP, SAP Spend Management (Project Systems)
- Proven analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principals
Self-motivated and able to work with low to moderate direction in a dynamic fast paced organization
- Business partnering skills, including good interpersonal skills with ability to work well horizontally and vertically within organization, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting
Accounting / Finance
Finance - 1001180001
Apr 10, 2013, 10:25:21 AM
Ally Financial - 15 months ago
“Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive...