Senior Financial Analyst General Functions: The Senior Financial Analyst role is designed to provide a comprehensive view of the total breadth of the company with significant opportunity to drive process improvement and change throughout the organization. As a Senior Financial Analyst you will act as an analytical project manager for a wide range of initiatives, including new product design and financial impact, existing product deconstruction examining credit statistics, demographics and product placement, legislative analytics for emerging and existing markets (including international expansion) and core operational reviews. Interact with all levels of management and expected to assume ownership of analytics, results and recommendations.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst:
Complex Financial Modeling and Analysis
• Create and design highly complex financial models using statistical analysis to forecast future results and solve highly complex problems.
• Provide insightful analysis of key financial metrics with supporting documentation
• Explain findings at a highly detailed level to divisional leadership teams
Develop, Maintain and Document Financial Processes & Reporting
• Compile monthly consolidated forecast, including P&L’s, BS, and SOCF for each business unit. Summarize assumptions and changes from previous versions for executive management.
• Maintain business relationships with foreign subsidiaries to understand their business, financials, key drivers, and accuracy of forecast.
• Deliver timely and accurate reporting to the executive team and the owners of business units.
• Provide insight into financial results that highlight superior performance and opportunities for improvement
• Recommend strategies and assist with the implementation
Serve as a Business Partner to Specified Operating Area(s)
• Consult with designated business partner(s) on the financial aspects of the business unit
• Identify opportunities of financial savings through analysis of operating forecast and initiatives
• Assist in the long range forecast and plan creation
Analyze business/operation changes and New Product Financial
• Analyze the impact as a result of business/operational changes to key financial metrics and business models at state & corporate levels
• Estimate new product financial feasibility through statistical analysis & modeling
• Present findings & recommendations to business leaders
• Suggest, develop & implement changes to financial reporting process as required
Provide Guidance to Less Experienced Analysts
• Coach less experienced staff members to assist in their development
• Work directly with the FP&A Financial Analyst on tasks and priority setting
• Review work of less experienced staff and make recommendations prior to submission to management
• Assist in assessment of staff performance and identify opportunities for improvement
Senior Financial Analyst Supervisory Responsibilities: At Axcess Financial, a Senior Financial Analyst may lead the work of less experienced staff
Keyword Search: portfolio, investment, financial analyst, portfolio analyst, finance, profit, loss, profit & loss, profit and loss
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• 5+ yrs of experience in the field or related area
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or business related area
• Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills
• Experience with financial forecasting
• Understanding of Accounting and the ability to model new policies/procedures into a
• Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Access and Power point)
• Microsoft SQL Knowledge a plus
• Must pay strong attention to detail
• Must have ability to multi-task
• Must be self directed, be able to construct meaningful analysis, and concisely present
findings to appropriate levels of management
• Good communication and polished presentation skills
1. Normal office environment
2. Extending viewing of computer screens
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be
made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary
to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements. Associates may be required to perform any other job-related instructions
as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If your finances are touch-and-go, you can go to Check 'n Go. The subsidiary of CNG Financial provides customers with payday loans,...