Barnes Group Inc. is seeking a senior financial analyst to support the corporate finance team. This role provides an understanding of our business and the ability for future career growth. This opportunity will provide:
-Visibility to senior management.
-Growth opportunities within the corporate finance team or in the operations of the Company. This position provides an excellent transition from public accounting into a global organization.
-Exposure to technical accounting issues and concepts.
If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, please submit your credentials for consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Accounting for equity transactions/stock-based compensation (ASC 718).
- Executive compensation accounting and reporting.
- Monthly close responsibilities and monthly reporting of corporate financing units.
- Drive the annual goodwill and intangible asset impairment analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of external reporting requirements.
- Corporate consolidation of monthly financial results for management reporting.
- Review and analysis of foreign currency impacts and exposures.
- Provide support for additional projects and analysis requirements from senior management.
- Identify and/or assist in researching solutions to accounting issues; assists in implementation of new accounting rules, as required.
- Assist in the annual budget and monthly corporate forecast processes.
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Minimum of three to five years of demonstrated success within public accounting firm – including audit or related financial experience. Emphasis in manufacturing and/or distribution as well as SEC experience is desired.
- A high degree of integrity and ethical behavior is essential.
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with a worldwide financial team
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Be extremely organized; demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner while working well in a dynamic environment.
- BS degree in accounting and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.