About the Company:|
Black Pearl Systems is an early stage start-up founded by entrepreneurs with a proven track record from Apple, Google, Netflix, Amazon and Microsoft. We have passion for building products that change the way we interact with the world. We have come together to create a category-defining product to tackle a problem that faces billions of technology users.
You are looking for an opportunity to be ready to roll up your sleeves and to be part of building a world-class accounting and finance team. Implementing the latest and greatest accounting and finance systems and processes in an early stage startup with both funding and focus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage financial and operational reporting to executive and senior management, lenders, and investors.
- Drive the overall budgeting process for the company’s through creation of detailed models expenses that support operational decision-making, financing tactics, and strategic planning
- Create and maintain external presentations for potential investors and partners
- Conduct due diligence, financial modeling, and other assistance for corporate development/M&A activities
- Support in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and management reporting in accordance with company policies and U.S. GAAP.
- Apply knowledge and experience with advanced accounting principles to assess the accuracy and proper entry of financial data and documentation; identify and recommend solutions to resolve discrepancies.
- Partner with our Senior GL Accountant to interpret and provide analysis of accounting reports and financial information for internal non-finance personnel related to budgeting, expenditures, coding, and document preparation for accounting activities.
- Assist in day-to-day accounting operations to ensure accurate and timely reporting and regulatory compliance; contributing to the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules; and analyzing financial information and maintaining financial records. Areas of focus include Cash, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Financial Reporting and Month, Quarterly and Year End Closing.
- Assist in identifying, implementing recommendations to improve the accounting, closing and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Participate in the implementation and ongoing enhancements of the company’s ERP system.
- Maintain a solid understanding of all aspects of the business and the related impact on the company’s accounting, controls, procedures and processes.
- Perform special projects or ad hoc analyses, as required. (other job related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time).
Black Pearl Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 4+ years as a Financial Analyst experience and strong base knowledge in the practice and application of US GAAP
- Experience with public company standards (Sarbanes Oxley, SEC, etc) a plus
- Experience working with NetSuite (ERP), Bill.com and Expensify systems and equity management
- Strong analytical, technical accounting, and problem solving skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (Modeling, Pivot Table, V-Look-ups, Macros, etc.), Word, Power Point and Keynote
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized, with ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a high paced working environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multi-tasking skills, and flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Ability to produce complex, detailed accounting reconciliations for auditors
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of complex data and research accounting data through sub-ledgers and the GL and draw logical conclusions
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA preferred
Black Pearl provides application solutions for financial services industries.
Black Pearl serves industry leaders such as