Overall Job Summary:
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key contributor in the Financial Planning & Analysis function for CNO Financial Group, Inc. This position will work on various financial planning and analysis tasks, including management reporting, financial modeling, capital/financial planning and forecasting, business analysis, and other analysis as needed.
This challenging position is an excellent development opportunity for someone who aspires to hold a leadership role within Finance. Position is high exposure to Finance and Company senior leadership; comfort with presenting and explaining details to executive level leaders a key to success.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Partner with stakeholders and business unit owners to provide:
• Update and maintain detailed and complex net investment income models and reports that are critical to the accuracy and success of the annual Financial Plan and quarterly re-forecasts
• Detailed tracking of all projects/aspects of the Cost/Benefit Analysis (CBA) process
• Update key quarterly metrics and reports to be presented to the Board of Directors and CNO senior management
• Support in aggregation of the annual financial plan including completion, review and vetting of results, metrics, reports and presentations
• Assist in understanding and communicating the financial performance and emerging trends of CNO’s Corporate Segment
• Ad-Hoc financial analysis needed to support the business as frequently requested by the CFO, manager, or other senior leadership within Finance
Other Job Description Considerations:
• Critical thinking literally forms the basis of all aspects of the position. The entire FP&A function by definition is a strategic and knowledge based department.
• Critical thinking and decisions are a constant when developing and maintaining detailed and complex financial models. There typically are dozens of decision points when developing or analyzing the financial models utilized in FP&A. The incumbent needs to understand the business at a high level, but also detailed business dynamics, and then be able to reflect those dynamics in a model that accurately models and reflects the business.
• Candidate must be able to not only explain the “what” in analysis, but also the “why”.
• This position is expected to regularly exhibit new and fresh thinking about current work product and processes.
• BS/BA in Finance or Accounting; MBA (required), CPA (preferrable), CFA (preferrable)
• 7+ yrs relevant work experience; 5+ yrs experience in Financial Analysis
• Insurance experience preferred; prefer knowledge of GAAP/STAT accounting principles
• Proven understanding of corporate finance principals (i.e. capital structure, financial markets, debt/equity)
• Proven understanding of Investment principles
• Demonstrated proficiency in financial modeling (ability to quickly build and modify robust projection models in excel)
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to interact well with others, especially those with diverse educational, professional and social backgrounds
• High energy/motivation; Positive can-do attitude
• Career oriented with aspirations of becoming a financial leader of the company
• Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; proven ability to multi-task successfully
CNO Financial Group, Inc - 21 months ago
CNO Financial Group, Inc., formerly Conseco, Inc., is the holding company for a group of insurance companies operating throughout the United...