Other Required Skills/Competencies
- Bachelors or graduate (preferred) degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative discipline,
- Minimum of 2 years experience in modeling for Basel II, economic capital or asset / liability experience with financial institutions
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Visual Basic and Access
- Knowledge of SAS and Structured Query Language (SQL) desired
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Leadership – Setting and modeling high performance standards and motivating a team of people to achieve agree-upon outcomes.
- Analytical skills – Strong technical skills in finance, statistics and economics. Ability to analyze information for interpretation and recommendations.
- Initiative/Self-Motivation – Taking the lead to getting the job done in an effective and efficient manner as well as directing change and developing new methodologies in new areas.
- Systems knowledge – Strong proficiency in database management and Structured Query Language (SQL) and statistical analysis software like SAS.
- Industry Understanding – A strong working knowledge of the banking industry as it pertains to profitability, various core product lines, credit risk modeling.
- Organizational skills – Ability to manage multiple tasks on a concurrent basis. · Communications – Ability to effectively provide presentations; written, visual and verbal to all levels of management and external entities (regulators, auditors, and vendors)
T he position of Senior Financial Analyst provides support for the regulatory (Basel II) and economic capital function. The position requires a knowledge and experience with statistical modeling, including an understanding of financial instruments. The incumbent will be responsible for providing analytical support and contribute to formulation of business strategy by developing and utilizing risk management tools. The position supports model development and maintenance for implementing economic, RAROC and Basel II capital standards.
Key Responsibilities Support the overall process for forecasting, measuring and reporting of economic and regulatory capital, along with identification of pertinent risk.
Enhance the performance of existing capital forecasting and stress testing, generating monthly reports that accurately measure capital requirements and ratios for senior management.
Support cross-functional teams in the development of credit risk models, including Probability of Default (PD), Exposure at Default (EAD) and Loss given Default (LGD) models.
Support cross-functional teams in the development of operational and market risk models.
Assist in the development and allocation of economic capital and assessing RAROC to ensure business performance measurement reflects the cost of capital deployed.
Perform model benchmarking and back-testing of key model assumptions.
Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
First Niagara Financial Group - 22 months ago