We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance team. This position will be responsible for monitoring, tracking, analyzing, modeling, and reporting on activities and requirements of our fund investors. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, detail oriented and possesses the ability to work well with multiple teams.
Key Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Prepare complex financial models for a variety of scenarios to support internal decision making.
- Work with accounting and finance resources to gather and analyze data.
- Utilize systems tools to automate and enhance existing investor tracking and reporting structures in compliance with fund agreements.
- Develop, execute and present relevant reports and conduct critical data analyses pertinent to understanding and improving our financial results.
- Work with data extraction, query and reporting tools to develop management reporting in order to gauge, monitor and pinpoint areas for improvement.
- Assist end-users in clearly defining business needs and translating those requirements into standard reports.
- Process complex ad hoc requests as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or closely related study.
- 5+ years of experience applying data analysis and reporting functionality techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with Advanced MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint in addition to other tools used for creation and execution of queries and reports.
- Knowledge and practical experience with relational databases, data warehousing, reporting and data mining.
- Visual Basic experience is a plus.
- Work with data extraction from accounting systems required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills across various levels and through multiple channels (oral, written, conversational).
Intellectual Ventures Management - 14 months ago