We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to join the Lyft Finance team. Reporting to the Director – FP&A, the SFA will be responsible for supporting and driving analytic, reporting, planning and forecasting activities for Lyft, and for helping model the long-range financial future of the organization. In addition, the SFA will be called upon to collaborate with business leaders on ad-hoc projects supporting a broad range of pricing, growth and profitability initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a strong domain expert with the “tools of the trade” – building and automating spreadsheet-based reporting and analytic solutions, familiarity with popular enterprise planning systems, and a high degree of comfort in working with large/complex data sets and data engineering teams. They will, in addition, possess a proven track record of building effective partnerships with business teams, thinking critically and analytically in highly data-based environments, and a relentless attention to detail.
- Assume ownership for the Company’s long-range financial forecast.
- Build and implement the Company’s annual financial planning and forecast
- Participate in defining and automating financial metrics and dashboards.
- Prepare insightful month-end information packages supporting the
- Establish and drive improvements to financial and business processes.
- Determine and propagate best practices in finance across the Company.
- Partner with business teams to provide deep analytics supporting key
- A proven self-starter with at least 5 years of full-time experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance required; an MBA or other
Masters in Business degree, and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Direct relevant business experience preferred; a strong operational understanding
of consumer-facing online ecommerce business models strongly preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills, with specific applications in models, data
extraction and presentation. Advanced
data skills (e.g. SQL) a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of corporate planning system (Adaptive, COGNOS
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work at all levels of a
growing organization. Flexibility and
speed are a must.
- Ability to distill complex financial analytics into concise
presentations and decision frameworks; proven experience in building simple but
powerful decision tools.