The focus of the Business Services team will be to partner and support the Investments organization to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve performance. Key areas of focus will be: strategy development for the Operations/CIO group, business intelligence and MIS, vendor management, custody network management, procurement, and global resourcing for the Investment Division globally. The team will also be responsible for budgeting and expense management for the Operations and CIO functions in the division.
Reporting to the Head of Business Analytics and Operational Effectiveness, the position will be responsible for supporting efforts to drive increases in enterprise value through the development, management, and oversight of key financial and performance metrics across the Investment Operations and IT organization.
1. Gain a broad understanding of the Investment Division’s operations and benchmark processes and associated costs/effectiveness both internally and externally.
2. Analyze financial information and support the development and implementation of meaningful KPIs and key financial, operational and IS metrics across the Investments Division Globally.
3. Gather and analyze financial information and make recommendations to Senior Management relative to investment/capital expenditure decisions.
4. Support on-going operational improvements by identifying, exploring, and implementing reporting, analysis and process solutions, working in collaboration with Finance Business Partners across Investment Division.
5. Strong attention to detail, focusing on financial integrity, collection, alignment, and consistency in "look and feel" of financial information.
6. Assist in preparing ad hoc reports and participating in special projects as required by the Senior Management Team.
7. Work closely with the Expense Management Team to help develop and implement a new financial framework for the Operations and IS organization as well as assist with Strategic Planning, budgeting and expense management
Manulife Asset Management is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. Manulife Asset Management's diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the world. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equity, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estate, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. Manulife Asset Management has investment offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, and throughout Asia. Manulife Asset Management has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients. With more than C$200 billion in assets under management, Manulife Asset Management is a leading global investment management group. Additional information about Manulife Asset Management may be found at
- 5+ years of relevant experience (performance management, management reporting, expense management) in a financial services organization (Banks, Insurers, Investment / Asset Management firms)
- Recognized financial designation (CA/CMA/CFA) or MBA specialized in Accounting/Finance is desirable Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the business environment is desired
- Understanding of business processes within Operations and IS Organizations
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the business environment and an ability to understand complex concepts
- Advanced excel and analytical skills; knowledge of VBA, MS Access
- Strong oral/written communication skills required to interact with senior management and representatives from other divisions and functional departments
- Practical problem solving skills
- Ability to use judgment and assess reasonability of analysis
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
Jun 12, 2013, 2:42:35 PM
Aug 11, 2013, 10:59:00 PM
Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Since...