(NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
This newly created Senior Financial Analyst role will be responsible for the computation of the Medical Device Excise Tax (MDET) and the preparation and filing of the tax documentation. This position will work with various groups across the company to ensure data integrity for efficient tax computation. This position is also responsible for managing audits as they arise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare bi-monthly calculation of MDET transactions
- Identify taxable vs non-taxable shipment transactions
- Prepare quarterly MDET returns
- Ability to manage large amounts of data
- Manage collection and filing of MDET exemption certificates
- Coordinate with Regulatory Affairs, Customer Service, and IT departments to ensure integrity of sales transaction data
- Manage payment processes for tax payments
- Manage audits for MDET as needed
- Ensure maintenance of effective controls over financial reporting of MDET tax
- Participate in other projects as needed, relating to sales & use tax, property tax, income tax and other areas.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 to 8 years of related experience
- Must have in-depth analytical skills
- Strong transactional financial analysis background
- Must be able to work in a cross channel environment
- Ability manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Pro-active and must be able to work independently
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous Medical Devise Excise Tax experience is not necessary but a strong financial analysis background is required
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EOE, M/F/D/V, and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!
Masimo - 11 months ago
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...