Job Title: |
Senior Financial Analyst
Responsible for financial reporting, analysis, planning and forecasting supporting both the Property & Casualty business and corporate finance partners. Must have knowledge of key financial concepts related to top and bottom line metrics, including but not limited to: sales, premium, persistency, underwriting margins, investment income, Return on Equity (ROE) and Return on Investment (ROI). Person will analyze historical trends and leading indicators in order to provide actionable data to senior leadership allowing them to make sound business and investment decisions.
- Understand Property & Casualty business drivers and how they impact profitability.
- Involvement in developing annual corporate, distribution channel and state financial plans.
- Involvement in GAAP and STAT revenue and earnings projections.
- Develop monthly operational reports and financial packages.
- Develop monthly variance analyses and reconciliations.
- Develop monthly and quarterly financial review presentations and QFS analytics.
- Assist in developing quarterly product ROI projections and annual/ad hoc IT project ROI projections.
- Query and reconcile data from various financial systems (Income Statement, Hyperion HFM, COGNOS, data cubes, warehouses, etc.)
- Present financial results in both formal and informal environments.
- Ad hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Provide accurate results while meeting aggressive timelines and handling confidential and sensitive financial information. Take direction from leaders outside of his or her internal group and collaborate with key business and financial partners across the enterprise. Multi-task and prioritize deliverables based on customer’s needs and expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years financial experience in a public or private company environment
- Working knowledge of profit and loss statements, ROE, ROI and balance sheet.
- Experience with all MS Office products, with heavy focus on Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty business and financial concepts.
Financial Management Group
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...