The Oregon Public Utility Commission (PUC) is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Utility and Energy Analyst 3, Senior Financial Analyst
The PUC is the State of Oregon agency responsible for the regulation of investor-owned utilities, regulated water companies, and the telecommunications industry. The PUC serves all Oregonians as the final authority for decisions related to the price and quality of service within these industries.
The Senior Financial Analyst performs pre-rate case, operational, and subject specific audits on electricity and natural gas utilities, reviews of annual affiliated interest reports; semi-annual code of conduct reviews, and other scheduled and ad hoc audits and reviews. Major duties include:
* Conducts operational audits, pre-rate case audits, subject specific audits, and reviews of company books and records to ensure utilities operate consistent with Oregon statutes and administrative rules.
* Prepares comprehensive and professional audit reports for review by management.
* Evaluates and recommends Commission action on significant affiliated interest, other diversification, and property transfer issues. Evaluates and recommends policy alternatives on affiliated interest matters to agency management, the Commission, or other interested parties.
* Participates in negotiated settlement discussions with agency management, management of regulated utilities, and various intervenor groups.
* Ensure compliance with the separation of regulated and non-regulated costs.
* In general rate reviews and investigations, identifies necessary data and requests information from utilities, develops recommendations consistent with agency policies and statutes, prepares testimony, and develops proposals for settlement regarding areas of responsibility.
* Acting as the lead analyst on specific audits, recommend assignments, coordinates, and advises other team members on various projects and investigations on audit-related issues. As lead auditor, conducts detailed audit research and analysis of energy issues as requested by supervisors of the Energy Division.
* Provides written testimony and verbally testify in formal state and federal hearings concerning regulatory policies and recommendations.
* Prepares, presents, and defends expert testimony in support of recommendations and assists the Attorney General's office in the conduct of cross-examination of other witnesses in a contested hearing.
* Defends staff recommendations, and occasionally represent the Commission, before many adversarial forums, including formal judicial hearings, federal agencies, and public forums.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics AND four years of professional-level work experience in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
Seven years of work experience directly applicable to Finance, Accounting or Economics; four of which must be at the professional level.
A Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics will substitute for one year of the professional level work experience.
A Doctorate in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics will substitute for two years of the professional level work experience.
In addition, we are specifically recruiting for the preferred qualifications below. Applicants who are best able to demonstrate these attributes will be contacted for an interview.
Professional level work experience with accounting responsibilities for an electric or natural gas utility, regulatory agency, or a multi-million dollar business.
Professional level work experience using complex large spreadsheets.
Work experience and/or advanced education in the application of GAAP in a business setting.
Professional level work experience conducting audits of business expenses to ensure consistency of business activity with budgeted expenditures and business operating guidelines.
Professional level work experience in either transfer pricing or cost allocations between affiliated companies.
Graduate level degree from an accredited school in either accounting or business administration.
In addition to a great work atmosphere, PUC provides excellent employee benefits including a comprehensive health plan, state paid retirement contributions and generous paid leave.
To view the complete job announcement including salary information and application instructions please visit our jobs page at: www.oregon.gov/puc click on 'Jobs at PUC' and view the job announcement 'PUC13-0008 - Utility and Energy Analyst 3 (Senior Financial Analyst).'
Applications will be accepted until April 26, 2013. PUC is an EEO/AA employer.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
- 2 years ago - save job