Summary: This role provides financial, sales, strategic analysis and reporting for the Ports America Stevedoring Division. This role supports the consolidation and reporting of results, planning, forecasting and ad hoc financial analysis to assist Senior Management decision making, and customer reporting to support the PAS leadership team.
Essential Duties :
· Provides in-depth financial reporting, business analysis & planning for local and divisional management that leads to sound decision making processes, optimal use of resources, and timely evaluation of performance against business plans.
· Supports operational management by providing financial performance reports. Provides continuous review of operations performance and business drivers providing insight and proactive scenario planning to optimize financial performance.
· Supports the month end Financial Reporting process
· Leads the forecasting and budgeting process
· Creates and analyzes trending of sales, productivity rates, and customer, regional and site profitability.
· Creates standardized and ad hoc reports such as sales, productivity and cost savings
· Supports analysis of PAS strategy projects
· Assists team leadership in solving strategic questions using a hypothesis-driven approach
· Scopes and initiates required analyses. Gathers data from internal databases and cross-functional units including sales, marketing, operations and finance
· Completes analysis including Excel modeling
· Develops recommendations and communicates to team and senior management.
· Provides support to PAS Leadership Team with, joint ventures, alliances and other business development projects
· Provides analytical transaction support including financial modeling of P&L impact
· Coordinates business case efforts across multiple functions
- Thorough understanding of financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement Cash Flow)
- Excellent Excel skills -Including pivot tables, complex formulas, links between files, data queries from different sources
- Word and PowerPoint skills -Including developing presentations, and active links to other files
- Demonstrated flexibility in learning new IT (software and systems) tools.
- Proficient financial modeling skills.
- A high level command of budgeting process and methodologies
- Strong command of business operations with the ability to understand key business drivers (products, customers, and processes) and how to influence them
- Demonstrated ability to organize, drive and effectively challenge and enhance forecasts to ensure quality and consistency in both P&L and Balance Sheet
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA preferred (CPA preferred but not required).
- 10 years experience in accounting, business development, finance, strategic planning.
Ports America - 4 months ago