RPM Mortgage, Inc. a California based mortgage banking firm, is seeking a Financial Analyst reporting directly to the Director of Finance and is responsible for the preparation of monthly financial analysis and consolidation. The Financial Analyst will be an active and key contributor to the creation of short and long-range planning and budgeting of RPM. This includes preparing the budget, conducting financial analysis, preparing financial reports, and assist ad hoc financial and operation analysis and modeling.
- Assist in coordinating and managing the annual budgeting and planning process, maintaining budgeting and forecasting models.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports and provide concise and clear monthly variance explanations to management, branch managers, and investors and ad hoc as needed.
- Work across the company to define drivers of budget variances and ensure understanding of key drivers.
- Financial modeling and ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Contribute to the development of company-wide metrics.
- Maintain and analyze company-wide metrics and suggest improvement as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Finance to:
- Institute business case process / modeling to support company initiatives (acquisition of new branches and business extensions),
- Provide analysis on origination opportunities / new incentive offerings to loan agents and branches with expected return, and
- Analyze adequacy of current tools in place to support company-wide planning and budgeting process.
- Supervise and assist in the professional development of financial analysts
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Five or more years of successful hands-on work experience in related field.
- Strong financial analysis experience.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Strong Microsfot Excel skills
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct. performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. recently ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.