Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$746 billion in assets under management as of 30 November 2012, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning and Reporting, this position will span several disciplines including financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, business unit support, and special project work. This role is part of a team which provides analytics and reporting to senior management across the firm. Development of insightful analytical commentary which complements the reporting is a vital component to this position. This role will provide the opportunity to work with all levels of the organization.
- Provide support to multiple business units related to the annual budget and forecast update process. Meet and review monthly expense reporting with business managers and determine drivers of variance; partner with business contact on various analysis efforts.
- Coordinate aspects of the budget process including the updating and maintenance of the budget system, responding to inquiries, review of consolidated results, and assisting with preparation of deliverables.
- Lead production of consolidated P&L model and associated reporting. Materials are presented to the CFO and various management committees.
- Assist with the production of presentations for senior management and the preparation of ad hoc analysis for management which will include Excel-based models to forecast operating results and perform scenario analysis.
- Participate/lead various ad hoc analysis efforts for the CFO.
Key Experiences and Qualifications
Candidates should have proven abilities to rapidly master new activities, coupled with strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail. Superior communication skills, including written and verbal presentation elements, are critical for success in this role.
Specific qualifications include:
- Five to seven years of finance or accounting experience within a financial services organization; management consulting experience a plus
- Possess strong analytical, presentation and written skills, and superior interpersonal skills
- Passion for learning; enjoy working on un-structured problems with demonstrated creativity and drive in problem solving and attention to detail
- Bachelors degree with strong academic credentials; an MBA or work towards an MBA/CFA a plus
- Deep knowledge of asset management industry/business
- Extensive experience with Excel and Access required; knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
If Napoleon had met this Wellington, Waterloo would have taken on a whole new meaning: sound asset management. Wellington Management...