NASDAQ OMX is the world's largest exchange company with trading, technology and public company service capability spanning 6 continents. NASDAQ OMX offers capital raising solutions to companies around the globe and is number one in worldwide listings with over 3,900 companies representing $5.5 trillion in total market value. NASDAQ OMX offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and ETFs. Its technology supports the operations of over 60 exchanges in 50 countries. Through its Data and Financial Products units, NASDAQ OMX provides its companies and investors with unrivaled market insight and visibility across multiple trading pools.
Description on Group: The Financial Planning & Analysis group drives the planning processes for NASDAQ OMX, including annual budgets, monthly forecasts, Product Profitability, and long-range financial forecasts, and manages all financial aspects of NASDAQ OMX's business support organizations. The business support organizations include, among others, Legal and Regulation, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources and Compensation and Benefits programs, Internal Audit, Facilities and Infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions: The Sr. Financial Analyst performs a variety of finance and accounting duties in support of NASDAQ's corporate support organizations and the Financial Planning and Analysis group. This position requires experienced-level professional work and frequent interaction with department managers within several business units in both US and non-US locations, the entire Finance organization, and may include members of the executive team.
Typical Job Functions:
- Manage financial activities including the monthly close process, balance sheet account valuations and reconciliations, expense forecasting, long range planning, and expense allocations to product lines
- Analyze variances, trends, risks and opportunities, performance against budget/forecast/targets, key business drivers and sensitivities. Highlight operational performance issues and recommend actions
- Support department managers and senior staff within the corporate support organizations for all financial aspects of their business.
- Ensure accurate accounting and planning of centrally planned expenses, which may include real estate or new initiative planning, and understand associated allocation models
This is a permanent full time position located in New York City. Desired start date is as soon as possible. As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in a financial environment applying analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of financial planning business processes and budgeting
- High proficiency in utilizing Hyperion/Essbase, MS Excel, and relational database applications
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
See Job Description