Iowas largest not for profit senior care provider has a new opportunity for a Senior Financial Consultant at our West Des Moines corporate office. Care Initiatives proudly owns and operates 44 skilled nursing facilities, 12 assisted and independent living centers, and six hospice agencies. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Accounting professional looking for a new challenge. If you have entrepreneurial instincts and a desire to work in a fulfilling and ever-changing industry, we want to hear from you.
This full-time salaried position oversees Medicare / Medicaid cost reports and Medicaid billing, collects and analyzes data, develops and implements reimbursement enhancing measures, and generates creative solutions. This individual will serve as a resource and networks with the Iowa Health Care Association on payment issues and other related topics. The Payment Systems DirectorSenior Financial Consultant reports to the CFO and oversees three Financial Consultants and Medicaid Billing Specialist.
Ideal candidates will have four year degree in Accounting and previous roles demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility. A strong understanding of Medicare / Medicaid reimbursement principles and prior long-term care experience is preferred but not required. Supervisory experience in leading and directing a team is also preferred.
To join our collaborative team of long-term care professionals, apply online or email resume to Kelly Banning, Recruitment Coordinator. We offer competitive salary and benefits package, training / continued education for professional development, generous vacation package, flex time scheduling, business casual attire, convenient WDM office location, and much more! AA/EOE
To learn more about Care Initiatives and our Iowa facility locations, visit www.careinitiatives.org.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Functional literacy in English
- Insurable by Care Initiatives auto insurance carrier
- Four year baccalaureate degree in accounting
- Valid Iowa drivers license
- Strong knowledge of applicable state/federal regulations and basics of accepted finance and accounting standards
- Strong knowledge of business processes
- Knowledge and understanding of long-term care reimbursement principles
- 4 years of accounting experience is required
- Long-term care experience preferred
APPLY NOW! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Familiarity with Microsoft software
- Ability to work independently in organizing, scheduling and work completion
- Functional literacy in written and spoken English
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems in different situations and trouble-shoot problems that arise
CareerBuilder keywords: Care Initiatives, Iowa, IA, Minnesota, MN, Nebraska, NE, Illinois, IL, Payment Systems, Des Moines, Medicare, Medicaid, Billing, Finance, Accounting, Accountant, Cost Reports, Analyst
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago