Responsible for meeting and oversight over multiple financial reporting requirements, including those pertaining to external regulatory bodies, local and Head Office financial statements and analyses, and ensuring the timely completion of the accounting close and parent reporting process, reviewing work product of various team members, providing assistance to FRA members and managers, participating in accounting advisory efforts pertaining to particular businesses and transactions, creating and/or reviewing original analyses and reconciliations, coordinating automation and process improvement projects, providing staff development efforts and guidance, and serving as a key deputy to a senior manager in the FRA Department.
Provide accounting advisory efforts in connection with general and deal/business specific accounting questions to Business and/or Support Groups as is applicable. Document such efforts in writing, ensure advice is supported by relevant accounting literature. Where necessary, consult with external or internal
- Preparation and oversight of specific regulatory filings for certain of the Americas entities. Direct and coordinate the activities of other FRA members in the completion of these regulatory filings. Liaise with other RBS subsidiaries in the ultimate completion of the filings.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting processes of certain M&IB America legal and/or reporting entities pertaining to internal and external reporting requirements, including local management, RBS Head Office and various external regulatory bodies.
- Manage and produce certain monthly, quarterly and annual Head Office reporting requirements for certain North America legal and/or reporting entities.
- Coordinate the preparation of certain financial statements and disclosures.
- Provide training and guidance to staff members on accounting principles and practices, product information, and reporting processes.
- Ensure and where applicable, participate in month-end close reviews of various legal entities including the review of trial balance grouping, original reconciliation work produced by various groups, & other analyses. to ensure all balances have been accurately reconciled & appropriately classified under US GAAP and/or IAS.
- Prepare and/or review periodic analytic review of certain M&IB America entity balance sheets and income statements.
- Review certain US GAAP and where appropriate, IAS top-side journal entries relating to certain North America legal and/or reporting entities.
- Direct intercompany reporting and reconciliation and review processes for on and/or off balance sheet items of certain North America legal and/or reporting entities. Ensure timely feedback is sought and provided in connection with the research and resolution of intercompany breaks.
"It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws."
RBS - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard