Primary Objective: Prepares and manages certain aspects of internal and external financial statements for a full cost accounting oil and gas company
Major Functions and Scope:
· Prepares and manages certain aspects of the preparation of publicly disclosed documents as required by the SEC including Form 10-K, 10Q, 8-K, 11-K and S-3
· Prepares and maintains supporting documentation for the SEC and other publically disclosed documents including press releases
· Oversees stock based compensation valuations and accounting, EPS calculation, quarterly valuation of oil and gas properties, company-wide contractual obligation schedule, monthly property schedules, pro forma calculations, bank debt covenants, accounting treatment/entries for acquisitions/sales, SMOG disclosures
· Prepares internal memos on various accounting issues
· Works with accounting team, other internal departments and independent auditors to provide documents as needed
· Prepares monthly/quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics for independent auditors and management
· Retains and prepares SOX documentation for internal and independent audits
· Responsible for XBRL translation of our financial documents
· Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required, including research on accounting topics/issues as they arise
Education and Knowledge: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, graduate degree preferred. CPA required. Experience with GAAP and SEC disclosure requirements for a public company is required. Knowledge of company software (Excalibur, DocVue, DataMart, Equity Edge) is a plus. Experience and/or knowledge of the oil and gas industry are strongly preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years public accounting experience preferred. 1-3 years oil and gas industry experience. Experience in financial statement preparation, including SEC document preparation.
Competencies: Technically proficient in MSOffice and Excel, Word and Access. Excellent interpersonal skills in a team work environment. Daily interaction with management and independent auditors. Works with minimum supervision