Under limited supervision, oversees the maintenance of financial systems structures and functionality, assists system users in obtaining transaction details and provides consultation regarding development of financial systems, reporting tools and /or reports necessary for users to perform their assigned tasks. Provides user-testing of enhancements/changes and input to user signoff, reviews changes to peripheral systems and evaluates their impact on financial systems and the accounting functions. Develops customer relationships, serves as a financial system reporting expert and provides support and training to system users.
- Oversees the financial system applications, ensuring they are functioning properly.
- Provides support to financial system users by addressing needs, identifying root causes of problems and providing resolutions in a timely, professional manner. Recommends system changes or enhancements that will improve efficiency of users and /or meet user requirements.
- Participates in and sometimes lead special projects, including but not limited to enhancements, programming, upgrades, and new system initiatives, as assigned.
- Gathers and analyzes user requirements, develop functional specifications and perform gap analysis of existing information systems.
- Tests system solutions. Consults with users in the development of test data and review results with users.
- Develops and maintains documentation of technical architecture required to provide quality application development and support, protection of data assets and support business resumption planning.
- Evaluates and rectifies data integrity and integration issues related to the financial systems.
- Develops and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Provides training and guidance to users as required.
- Mentors and coaches other team members as necessary.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of accounting or auditing experience
- 3+ years of PeopleSoft or other accounting software experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient MS Word, Excel and SQL/Query skills
- Proven conceptual understanding of relational databases, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Competent project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility and understanding
- Advanced level of people management skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced level of skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Progress towards CPA
- Progress towards FLMI / LOMA certification
- Insurance / Reinsurance financial reporting experience
- Experience developing PeopleSoft client nVision reporting and Query Manager or other similar reporting and business intelligence tools.
Reinsurance Group of America - 12 months ago