Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a
Senior Fire Engineer
to play an active role in the design phases of projects. This position will work closely with leading architects and building owners developing innovative, performance based design solutions for a wide range of building, industrial and transport projects.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in code consulting, computer modeling, risk management, fire alarm, sprinkler and smoke control system design
- Additional experience in developing performance based strategies in a project design environment.
- FPE degree or engineering degree (mechanical, electrical)with fire engineering industry experience welcome.
- Be able to manage multiple projects immediately including developing proposals, project planning, staffing, monitoring and successful delivering of projects.
- Must have experience with ICC (IBC, IFC) model building codes and NFPA 13, 72, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in fire engineering.
Project experience in a broad range of markets that might include rail, aviation, education, healthcare, high-rise, museums and performing arts.
Strong client relationships in Greater New York region.
PE in fire protection engineering or intending to sit exam in 2012/13.
Candidate will ideally have experience in a number of the following skill sets:
- New York City Codes
- CFD modeling (FDS, Fluent)
- Smoke Control Design
- Fire Alarm Design
- Egress modeling
- Structural Fire Analysis
- Sprinkler Design
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...