Why Halliburton? How about global opportunities, interesting work within small cohesive teams, extensive training, and the opportunity to take your career wherever you want it to GO, with all the support and stability of a truly global organization. With more than 72,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world's demand for energy. Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
Pinnacle is the Industry Leader in Microseismic Fracture Mapping and Reservoir Monitoring. Our technology utilizes Microseismic or Fiber Optic data acquisition to provide critical information about fracture creation and location in order to maximize stimulated reservoir volume for our clients.
As a part of the design team, your main responsibility will be to manage the data stream between instrument control software and geophysical instruments. Your proven skills in object-oriented programming and firmware development will be applied to designing, maintaining and improving a variety of systems for geotechnical monitoring. You will define specifications, create algorithms and implement them. You will set up experiments for research investigations, come up with ideas how to improve existing systems and define QC requirements.
- C++, C#
- PC Instrument control under Windows
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Firmware programming using C
- Familiarity with serial interfaces (RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI)
- BS degree in CS / CE / Physics and 4+ years of experience
or MS degree and 2+ years of experience
- Real time systems
- Basic knowledge of Assembly Language
- Experience with MSP430 or similar 16bit RISC microcontrollers
- Basic knowledge of hardware
- Object oriented design, UML diagramming, design patterns
- Data acquisition techniques (ADCs)
- Familiarity with telemetry in high noise environments, fault-tolerant Meshed networking
- Familiarity with GPS hardware and data reduction
- Some field time (not more than 10%) is required
Halliburton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Code: T204-ESG
One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries with a...