Senior Food Technologist
$70k - $105k
Our client is a flavor and fragrance company located in Secaucus, NJ. They are currently looking to hire a Senior Food Technologist.
Responsible for the development of seasonings blends from concept generation to execution and scale-up, across snack, soup and sauce, prepared foods and protein categories in response to customer requests and in support of the Savory BU strategies. Effectively and independently manages customer related projects and proactive initiatives.
- Develops seasonings and duplicates competitive products, through the successful management and timely completion of customer related projects, in accordance with project parameters and customer requirements. Effectively utilizes critical support functions; Innovations, Analytical, MCI, and Regulatory in the development process.
- Responsible for cost optimization, productivity analysis, and raw material review & rationalization, relative to seasonings and their ingredient portfolio. Supports QC on first time production reviews. Interacts with the pilot plant function in scale-up procedures.
- Responsible for the evaluation and validation of seasoning blends in specific applications in accordance with customer processing parameters.
- Provide technical assistance and seasoning development expertise to strategic customers. Develop technical to technical contact and participate in customer calls and technical presentations.
- Responsible for creating commercially feasible seasonings, adhering to formula guidelines and scale-up procedures. Knowledge of label requirements is essential.
- Support Sensory through the preparation of samples for testing.
- Stay abreast of new food ingredient developments and technologies, trends and innovation, as well as processing and equipment advances relative to key Savory categories.
- A minimum of 5-10 years experience in a seasoning development role.
- Must be willing and able to taste and smell flavors.
- A high level of creativity is required to conceive and implement new seasoning concepts.
- Experience with applications technologies in the Savory category.
- Ability to develop commercially viable seasonings that meet customer requirements relative to profile, performance, ingredient restrictions and cost.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a project team-driven environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload, and adhere to deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of spices, food ingredients, equipment, and processing is required.
- Travel may be required.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel
- B.S. in Food Science or related discipline
Founded in 1995, Atrium Staffing is a privately held, woman-owned staffing and recruitment firm with revenues grossing over $185M. Atrium...