Under the direction of the Director of Foundation Relations, the Foundations Officer is responsible for managing his/her assigned program portfolio(s) of foundation supporters and prospects in order to meet the Development Department’s annual foundation revenue target.
- Under the direction of the Director of Foundation Relations, assume leadership of assigned portfolio of two or more UCS program and/or cross-program areas. Develop substantive mastery of assigned programs and current and prospective foundation funders in the portfolio(s).
- Coordinate strategies with program directors and staff and schedule the drafting, editing, and producing for submission of high quality inquiry letters, proposals, and reports and related correspondence. Initiate internal discussions with program directors, members of the finance department, and Executive staff, as appropriate, to identify new opportunities and resolve outstanding questions and/or other issues to ensure smooth proposal process
- In consultation with Director of Foundation Relations, provide direction and oversight to program directors, Executive Director, and/or Finance and Administration staff in the creation and review of UCS and program/project budgets as required for proposals.
- Initiate and/or maintain strong relationships with foundation trustees and/or program officers in assigned areas to anticipate changes in foundation priorities/interests, answer inquiries, and strengthen relationships through telephone contact or meetings. Execute a range of stewardship activities including site visits, meetings with UCS President, and special mailings of reports and/or policy developments to further develop and maintain close ties with portfolio foundations.
- In consultation with Director of Foundation Relations, assume responsibility for formulation of portfolio fund-raising strategies to both maintain and diversify portfolio foundations. Identify prospects and opportunities for further research by Foundations Officer and/or Foundations Associate, recommend follow-up strategies, and coordinate assigned activities with UCS board, program, and other UCS staff.
- Develop/maintain familiarity with all UCS program areas and organization priorities per annual strategic guidance and five-year strategic plan; assist other Foundations staff in producing proposals and reports across all program areas as needed to maximize cultivation opportunities and meet multiple deadlines.
Association of Fundraising Professionals - Massachusetts Chapter - 30+ days ago