IMPORTANT: This Advertiser has requested that applicants MUST be National Residents / Valid Work Permit-holders. Other applicants need not apply.
Senior Foundations Officer
Cambridge, MA Office
Under the direction of the Director of Foundation Relations, the Foundations Officer is responsible for managing his/her assigned program portfolio(s) of foundation supporters and prospects in order to meet the Development Department’s annual foundation revenue target.
- Under the direction of the Director of Foundation Relations, assume leadership of assigned portfolio of two or more UCS program and/or cross-program areas. Develop substantive mastery of assigned programs and current and prospective foundation funders in the portfolio(s).
- Coordinate strategies with program directors and staff and schedule the drafting, editing, and producing for submission of high quality inquiry letters, proposals, and reports and related correspondence. Initiate internal discussions with program directors, members of the finance department, and Executive staff, as appropriate, to identify new opportunities and resolve outstanding questions and/or other issues to ensure smooth proposal process
- In consultation with Director of Foundation Relations, provide direction and oversight to program directors, Executive Director, and/or Finance and Administration staff in the creation and review of UCS and program/project budgets as required for proposals.
- Initiate and/or maintain strong relationships with foundation trustees and/or program officers in assigned areas to anticipate changes in foundation priorities/interests, answer inquiries, and strengthen relationships through telephone contact or meetings. Execute a range of stewardship activities including site visits, meetings with UCS President, and special mailings of reports and/or policy developments to further develop and maintain close ties with portfolio foundations.
- In consultation with Director of Foundation Relations, assume responsibility for formulation of portfolio fund-raising strategies to both maintain and diversify portfolio foundations. Identify prospects and opportunities for further research by Foundations Officer and/or Foundations Associate, recommend follow-up strategies, and coordinate assigned activities with UCS board, program, and other UCS staff.
- Develop/maintain familiarity with all UCS program areas and organization priorities per annual strategic guidance and five-year strategic plan; assist other Foundations staff in producing proposals and reports across all program areas as needed to maximize cultivation opportunities and meet multiple deadlines.
Qualifications and experience
Position requires the ability to write well, under deadline, and in a variety of lengths and complexities. Must be attentive to detail and able to plan, organize, and manage multiple tasks. Ability to work well with UCS staff and foundation program officers and staff and familiarity with UCS issues are also required. Strong word processing and research skills required. Bachelor’s degree required. Some travel required.
Position requires a high level of writing and interpersonal skills. Technical expertise in each UCS program area is not required, but the ability to organize and write clearly about complex strategic and program activities in several program areas is highly desirable. Minimum of five years’ comparable and relevant experience in a closely related profession, such as a grant writer, non-profit organization program officer, marketing, or communications specialist is required.
At UCS, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate.
UCS is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
Compensation, Hours and Location: This is a full-time position based in UCS’s Cambridge, MA office. For candidates who meet all position requirements, the salary is in the mid $60Ks. UCS offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment..
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, how you learned about the position via email to email@example.com and include “Foundations Officer” in the subject line. Email materials in Word or PDF format only. No phone calls please. Deadline: September 14, 2014 or until filled.
EnvironmentJobs - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard