Starting immediately, Flickr is looking to hire a Front-End Engineer for our San Francisco office.
Web Developer, Interface Engineer, however you want to say it, you love to keep it client-side when it comes to coding. If you get fired up writing web applications that perform wonderfully across browsers, operating systems, languages and devices and your resulting maintainable code looks like well-documented poetry, then we want to talk to you.
We smile on those who already have deep experience with Flickr: include a link to your photostream if you have one. Be prepared to tell us why you want to work on Flickr specifically.
Flickr revolutionized photo sharing with its launch in 2004. Its innovative approach to how people store, share, sort and search for photos has attracted millions of users and influenced the way the current generation of web-based products and services are developed. Flickr's vision is to be the "eyes of the world", enabling the sharing and discovery of what people see around the globe, from friends and family to group collaboration to breaking news.
Flickr was acquired by Yahoo! in March 2005, and remains a separate brand.
Every week, millions of users visit Flickr.com and millions more access Flickr through API-based applications, photos posted to blogs and other third party sites and services. It's a complex and quickly growing application and ecosystem and engineering is at the heart of it.
We have a track record of innovation to build on and a strong desire to radically improve Flickr, both for new users and casual visitors as well as the power users who form the core of the community. There's a tremendously long list of new features, programs and technologies set to come online this year. If you've ever wanted to a chance to have a big impact, this is it.
Attributes of successful candidates will include:
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Thorough experience with web technologies and their interrelationships
- Current and detailed knowledge of browser peculiarities
- A disciplined approach to development, documentation and file structure
- Strong visual design sense and excellent taste
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Coding new designs and updating, standardizing and re-factoring existing parts of the site
- Template editing using PHP
- Contributing to the continual improvement of our design and development process
- Working with engineering, product management and community/customer care to solve problems and fix bugs
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings, please visit
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Familiarity with Smarty templating
- Experience working with an internationalized site
- ActionScript 2/3 coding experience
Yahoo! Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...