Oversee the multi-discipline support for Geological, Engineering, Drilling, Production and Regulatory departments through the use of GIS. The position will need to be a proven technical expert who will provide direction and mentoring of the GIS staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Understand the concept of building a GIS environment within some provided guidelines and priorities. The ideal candidate should possess skills including critical thinking, fluent with manipulation of data from in house land or infrastructure databases as well as third party data, has actually built critical portions or components of E&P GIS systems. Duties would include digitizing data, creating and maintaining geo-databases, create and print maps. Work with Land Administration in the creation and maintenance of spatial data.
- 5 years of GIS experience in an E&P company
- Strong background in Land & Geosciences as related to the oil & gas industry
- Working knowledge of Petra, Aries, ArcEditor, 3D Analyst, Visual Basic and other GIS applications
- Experience implementing standards and procedures for a GIS group and integration of systems through database design
- Proficiency in ESRI Software including ArcView 10, ArcCatalog, Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Familiarity with H
- IS, Drilling Info and other 3 rd party data suppliers
College Degree in Geography or other science
- Enertia or other internal land systems and 3 rd party data house like Premier Data
Oasis Petroleum is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and genetic information, age, or any other factor protected by law.
Oasis Petroleum - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard