About the Company:|
Black Pearl Systems is an early stage start-up founded by entrepreneurs with a proven track record from Apple, Google, Netflix, Amazon and Microsoft. We have passion for building products that change the way we interact with the world. We have come together to create a category-defining product to tackle a problem that faces billions of technology users.
You are looking for an opportunity to be ready to roll up your sleeves and to be part of building a world-class accounting and finance team. Implementing the latest and greatest accounting and finance systems and processes in an early stage startup with both funding and focus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
financial information for internal non-finance personnel related to budgeting, expenditures, coding, and
- Prepare and process month-end close related journal entries including accruals, benefit allocations, capitalization and depreciation, prepaid expense, etc.
- Responsible for Cash, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, and General Ledger
- Responsible for booking all bank transactions to ensure GL cash balance for timely and accurate reporting.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly account reconciliations and related analysis for management review.
- Support in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and management reporting in accordance with company policies and U.S. GAAP.
- Apply knowledge and experience with advanced accounting principles to assess the accuracy and proper entry of financial data and documentation; identify and recommend solutions to resolve discrepancies.
- Partner with our Senior Financial Analyst to interpret and provide analysis of accounting reports and
document preparation for accounting activities.
- Ensure proper authorization and accurate recording of all transactions.
- Assist in identifying, implementing recommendations to improve the accounting, closing and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Participate in the implementation and ongoing enhancements of the company’s ERP system.
- Maintain a solid understanding of all aspects of the business and the related impact on the company’s accounting, controls, procedures and processes.
- Perform special projects or ad hoc analyses, as required (other job related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time).
Black Pearl Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 4+ years of accounting experience and strong base knowledge in the practice and application of US GAAP
- Experience with public company standards (Sarbanes Oxley, SEC, etc) a plus
- Experience working with NetSuite (ERP), Bill.com and Expensify systems and equity management
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Keynote
- Strong analytical, technical accounting, and problem solving skills.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized, with ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a high paced working environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multi-tasking skills, and flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly.
- Ability to produce complex, detailed accounting reconciliations for auditors.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of complex data and research accounting data through sub-ledgers and the GL and draw logical conclusions.
- Demonstrable understanding of multi-relational impact of the Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow Statement and how journal entries affect each statement.
- Consolidation and experience working with international subsidiaries and multi-currencies
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred