Booyah is seeking an experienced game designer with a proven track-record in the Mobile/Social space and a passion for play & innovation. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, is capable of making strong creative contributions in a highly collaborative environment & brings a unique – as well as mature, critical & analytical – perspective from their past experience to make our games better.
• Produce core game designs, design documentation, balance sheets, etc.
• Partner effectively with Leads to bring his/her vision to life in software including feature definition & specification, thematic exploration & IP development, social & viral loops, copy, etc.
• Work closely with Booyah’s monetization & analytics teams, design & optimize user flows, core loops, game balancing/pacing for live games as well as develop new features to deliver creative & commercial goals
• Collaborate with Leads & Product Managers to structure & execute user testing; assimilate consumer feedback into designs to better align products against strategic goals & customer expectations
• Serve as an in-house expert on game design, current with game design trends, market development / patterns and customer requirements
• Work collaboratively to ideate new game concepts & flesh out preliminary designs for Greenlight pipeline
• A passion for making and playing video games and the drive to create Mobile/Social games that millions of people will love
• 3-4+ years game design experience and at least 1 year of specific experience in the Mobile/Social space
• Proven aptitude designing & launching top-performing iOS or Facebook games with designer credit on at least 1 shipped product
• In-depth knowledge of & demonstrable expertise with Freemium games & monetization features including virtual item sales, “energy,” “wither” and “appointment” mechanics; and other in-game monetization/economy concepts.
• Broad-based familiarity with modalities of interactive entertainment, game design principles & mechanics including “compulsion loops,” progression, economy balancing, character customization, level design, game tuning/balancing, etc.
• Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced creative environment
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Booyah Inc. - 12 months ago