With the continued growth of our Company, an individual is needed to complete reservoir descriptions of oil and gas reservoirs. This involves a thorough knowledge of sedimentary deposition and structural geology concepts. The result is a description of original and current oil and gas in place.
Essential Job Functions:
- The geologist must have the ability to quickly and accurately:
- Correlate well logs
- Construct relevant structure and isopachous maps
- Create cross sections to illustrate key concepts
- Determine porosity, oil and gas saturation, and permeability from core and log data
- Develop depletion plans, with the assistance of engineering and operations, which maximize the present worth of oil and gas assets. These plans must balance the short and long term needs of the company. The geologist is responsible for generating:
- New well drilling locations
- Creative and unique concepts which may add value in non-producing or existing reservoirs
- Present findings to management at regularly scheduled reviews.
- Master's Degree in Geology or Geological Engineering.
- 5+ years experience
- Responsible for planning and organizing projects requiring the application of advanced geologic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply extensive and diversified knowledge of geological principles, advanced techniques, and modifications and extensions of theories.
- Makes independent decisions and consults as necessary with supervisor for general direction on unusual situations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team are essential.
- The geologist may be required to provide technical guidance to lower-level geologists or technicians and may act as team leader for geological or multi-disciplinary projects.
Oasis Petroleum - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard