As a fully competent engineer, plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and execution of standard engineering techniques. Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence in a variety of project applications. Ability to manage moderately sized projects independently.
With limited supervision and heavy decision-making:
- Directly assist Project Manager in completion of projects and other operational tasks.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- May supervise or coordinate the work of engineers, draftspersons, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Direct projects, and provide project planning and management.
- Develop and provide review of proposals and reports.
- Work independently on most projects without close supervision.
- Produce accurate invoices and collect fees from clients in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership in the firm, and set an example consistent with exemplary ethical standards, mentor technical skills and adherence to quality standards.
- Maintain close relationship with client throughout project and beyond.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Meet utilization goals as determined by Activity Center Manager or supervisor.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including the safety program and quality management system.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Comes to work regularly and on time.
- Works well while under supervision.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Licensed Professional Engineering certification required.
- Excellent written communication skills including public speaking and general presentation skills, comprehensive understanding of writing for engineering documents and related legal terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to identify and resolve conflict among project teams, direct reports, and with clients.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical disciplines with the ability to proof (identify and correct) calculations with subordinates.
- Ability to work independently, and within team, frequently acting as Team Leader.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements.
- Maintain meaningful involvement in professional organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of technology including standard office and engineering software and equipment.
- Valid passport.
- Performs moderate work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Daily activities include both field and office environments.
- Some travel may be required including possible long-term out-of-town assignments.
- Possible international travel/assignments may be required.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree from accredited college or university in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or equivalent. Ph. D. preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years, relative, post-graduate experience required.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
what we offer
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
Interested candidates should submit resume to FCLjobs@fugro.com , Attention: Human Resources Coordinator.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.
Fugro - 19 months ago