POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for management of all federal, state and county grants and contracts (including United Way) for agency programs, ranging from monitoring, researching and evaluating RFPs, grant development, writing, submission, and ongoing monitoring and reporting.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Plan and coordinate a program of identification, research, solicitation, and stewardship for federal, state and local government grant makers.
- Plan, coordinate and write proposals, including research, data collection, budget, grant, and supporting materials, in collaboration with agency program directors.
- Work with the Chief Operations Officer and program directors to identify Agency priorities, needs and new program ideas to pursue through grant development.
- Maintain database of government funding opportunities and sources and keep current information on proposal and reporting deadlines and grant application guidelines.
- Draft routine and complex correspondence to government agency staff, including acknowledgements and letters of inquiry.
- Develop proposal budgets in coordination with agency Chief Financial Officer and program staff
- Partner with Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager to lead monthly strategy meeting in coordination with Chief Development Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and Chief Financial Officer, with input from the leadership team as needed.
- Partner with Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager to lead annual United Way grant submission process in coordination with agency program staff, and CQI and Compliance Manager.
- Coordinate site visits related to grant submissions.
- Oversee the joint (Government & Private) databases of annual cumulative grant submissions, funding opportunity pipeline, and current funder report deadlines.
- Provide insight and direction to Corporate and Foundations Relations Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college
- Minimum of five years of successful grant writing experience for non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of local, state and federal government granting agencies; knowledge of HUD, GA DHR, SAMHSA and/or ACF preferred.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of human service programs and issues such as homelessness, mental health, supportive housing, foster care and adoption preferred.
- Ability to function independently and in concert with other staff, board members and volunteers
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management experience working with internal and external constituents
- Creative, out of the box thinker
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite; database management; online grant applications; Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Raisers Edge a plus
Families First provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation to complete any part of the application process, are limited in ability, or unable to access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline at 404-853-2876 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Families First participates in E-Verify.
Families First - 6 months ago
Families First could not provide medical care, dental care and family support for our clientswithout significant support from the community...