This role understands and incorporates the Ascension Health graphic standards guidelines and assures all materials, including logo requirements and proper color specifications, while considering 508 compliance requirements for federal contracts and grants. In addition to providing conceptual leadership, design and feedback, to the business owner, this role provides timely edits and revisions throughout the project’s review process. In addition, the designer assures archiving and file maintenance for materials is current and organized for efficient retrieval and file searches.
Responsible for all Clinical Excellence business unit activities to develop, design, and organize structured file storage for visuals, presentations, briefings, and virtual broadcast by providing art direction for various Ascension Health/Clinical Excellence initiatives and projects such as:
- Toolkits and Tools-comprehensive packages of curriculum and content designed for adult learners
- Powerpoint Presentations-advanced materials with all types of graphics (statistical, video, graphs, photos, etc.)
- Mobile App Screens and Icons
- Meeting Materials (logos, signage, giveaways, etc.)
- Agendas-with linkages and content embedded to web-based materials
- Storyboards and Posters-internal, national and scientific meetings
- Word Document Templates (letters, memos, etc.)
- Monthly Reports-federal reports, internal, task forces
- eNewsletters- extensive variety of content
- Annual and Committee Quarterly Reports (Board, Department, etc)
Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
Bachelor’s in related field such as design, desktop publishing, marketing, and mass communications.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- 5+ years working within a design firm or other creative team environment
- 5+ years experience on press checks with a solid understanding of the printing process
- 5+ years art directing photo shoots. Preferably both studio and location photography
- Strong, conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in print, packaging, branding, typography, catalog production, retail graphics and also some web design experience
- Comfortable working with and managing outside vendors and printers
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills in order to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Successfully manages their time, work flow and schedule in order to meet strict and sometimes aggressive deadlines
- Able to focus, with a keen attention to detail
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills
- Open and receptive to design critique but also able to represent their own work and stand up for design they believe in
- Resourceful: Able to problem solve and find multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget restraints
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Have some photo art direction experience
- Able to collaborate with other members of the Graphic Design team and effectively communicate their own ideas.
- Self-driven, proactive and a team player
- Must take pride in their work and be passionate about design
- Expertise in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Ascension Health - 12 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...