Std Hrs: 1.0 FTE/ 80 Hours per two weeks
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health care organization in the country, and the regional leader in caring for kids. At our two hospital sites, day surgery center and growing footprint of clinic locations, we proudly believe that nobody treats kids like we do. From exceptional clinical expertise and outcomes to an unparalleled patient and family experience, there is no shortage of remarkable stories to be told. Every day the marketing and communications team does just that; tells Children's story to parents, physicians, donors, members of the media, and the community at large.
As a member of the creative and energetic Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota marketing and communications team, the Senior Graphic Designer helps further enhance Children's strong brand by being a lead creative voice for the organization. Reporting to the Manager of Brand Marketing, the role serves as the primary graphic designer for the department and its clients with the responsibility of enforcing and upholding Children's brand guidelines and brand position of "Nobody treats kids like we do."
- Create/modify/optimize marketing materials and campaigns, as assigned
- Carry out creative projects with creativity, enthusiasm and dependability
- Drive high-quality work to meet stated business goals and communication objectives
- Provide oversight and direction to freelance designers and play a lead role in production
- Work with various internal and external resources to create and deploy a variety of marketing materials (collateral, signage, brand identity, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with other designers and outside agency partners to continue to build a strong and cohesive brand
- Strong layout and typography design skills with Bachelor’s degree in design, communications, or related area, or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
- Seven to ten years of experience in a design or art direction role, in a marketing department, agency or similar setting
- Advanced knowledge of latest version of Adobe Creative Suite and comfort in a PC-based environment
- Ideally, experience with web-based communication and design
- Experience in managing print production processes, on time and within budget
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized, maintaining files, assets, samples, photography, etc.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage work to meet critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills; capable of working within a team environment to build relationships and consult with team members and clients on creative projects
- Must provide a portfolio of design work that demonstrates strong graphic design and art direction skills
The following lists only the physical demands that have been identified as frequent or continuous for this position. A more detailed list is available upon request.
- Repetitive Movement - hands/wrists
- Fine Manipulating - both hands
- Keyboarding - both hands
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Children's also participates in E-Verify.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota - 22 months ago