The senior graphic designer is a results-oriented and experienced designer responsible for the art direction and creative design of the quarterly university magazine, Rice Magazine, for print and Web application. The position will work closely with the editor of Rice Magazine as well as the Creative Services design team providing professional graphic design and print production of key university Web and print projects for a variety of internal clients as assigned by the senior director, creative services.
Graphic design or related field.
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Graphic and editorial design.
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design disciplines.
- Experience with Macintosh environments and experience with the following software: Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat; also Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Five years design experience with magazines or periodicals.
- Experience in photo manipulation including color correction.
- Experience in an institution of higher education preferred.
Other Skills Preferred
- Knowledge and experience with WordPress, Dreamweaver, Flash.
- Knowledge of offset and digital print processes.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday; regular work schedule - 40 hours per week.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 14 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...