WMUR-TV, the Hearst Television-owned ABC affiliate in Manchester, NH (Boston DMA #7) has an immediate opening for a full time Senior Graphics Designer.
The Senior Graphics Designer will create and deploy graphics for use across all WMUR media platforms as well as non broadcast applications, serving all station graphics needs including, but not limited to news, promotion, marketing, sales, and physical signage.
In addition to working on broadcast graphics for daily newscasts, building templates to streamline production, designing motion graphics for station promotion and special coverage, the SGD will be an active participant in the creative process. The successful candidate will take a leadership position, setting the standard for design in the art department.
• Manage volume of and assign all daily news graphics, special project graphics requests
• Produce static and motion graphics for broadcast and digital platforms, as well as non broadcast applications
• Work with other artists, providing guidance and feedback to establish best practices for both creative design and production workflow
• Must be able to work quickly, under tight deadlines and produce quality results at a level congruent with one of the largest television markets in the country
• Must understand and be able to demonstrate the fundamentals of good design in every medium from broadcast to digital to print
• In addition to design skills, qualified candidates will also have an understanding of the technical mechanics involved in High Definition and Standard Definition live broadcasts and post production
• Familiarity with scripting or programming languages (such as Visual Basic) a plus; a passion for solving technical challenges a must
• Must have full-time availability, including occasional early, late and weekend hours during major station projects or breaking news events
• Takes a proactive approach to problem solving, and freely contributes to the creative process. Both gives and takes direction and constructive feedback well
• 4 Year College Degree Preferred
• At least 2 years’ experience in a broadcast, print, digital or agency design environment
• Must be proficient with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and other elements in the Adobe Creative Suite and able to create broadcast-ready elements
• Experience with 3D software such as Cinema 4D, 3D Studio, or similar required
• Experience with Vizrt, Deko 1000, ENPS, preferred
Send resume and online portfolio links to:
Attn: Alex Jasiukowicz
100 South Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101
No phone calls please.
Hearst Television Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard