The Senior Graphics Engineer is a member of the Game Development team at Machine Zone. You should be experienced in memory management, profficient in C/C++, and have experience in OpenGL. You will be responsible for delivering 3D rendering technology in collaboration with game developers and platform engineers. Your work will impact development and games seen by tens of millions of global players in the future!
- Work closely with game developers and the platform engineering team in building, integrating, and delivering 3D rendering technology
- Profile and optimize performance bottle necks in rendering pipeline
- Write well architected, robust, and maintainable code that meets the coding standard for all mobile platforms with an eye towards re-usability for multiple games
- Work with artists to ensure proper usage of graphics pipeline
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team
- Provide user support in all aspects of the engine and its tools
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading, and cross-platform development practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and object-oriented design principles
- Experience in OpenGL
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science fundamentals and 3D math
- Bachelors and Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Passion for games
Refer a Friend:
- Designed and implemented a full-featured Render for a published game
- Experience with Objective C and iOS Development or Java and Android Development
- Published iOS or Android app
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referralmachinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
- Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
- Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
- Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
- Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly Addmired) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including iMob, Original Gangstaz, Global War, iMob 2, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games. The company operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures, and Menlo Ventures.
Winner of the Crunchies Award (Techcrunch), we are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for its gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone - 2 years ago
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play...